- How to Cut a Pineapple in 4 Easy Steps
- Protect Yourself from Cold and Flu Season with Super Pineapple
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Bites: Pineapple Bacon Poppers
- The Perfect Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 5 Amazing Pineapple Health Facts for Year-long Benefits
- Pina Colada Green Smoothie
- Ring in the New Year with Lucky Pineapple
- The Perfect Pineapple Holiday Decor
- Chestnut Hill Farms Sponsors Team Rynkeby
Cutting a pineapple is easy, especially if you have tools like a pineapple corer. But even if you are simply using a knife, pineapple is a deliciously assessable fruit that can be broken down into bite-sized pieces in minutes. Check out 4 easy steps to breaking down a pineapple for a quick and healthy snack below.
This has been the driest week yet in 2018, with only 21.3 mm (1 inch) of rainfall recorded. We seem to be transitioning into the dry period usually extending from March through May, however the average minimum temperature dropped to 20.2º C (68.4º F). Some nights we had the thermometer drop below the 20ºC (68 ºF) mark. Harvest age increases continue as we attempt to improve internal maturity parameters.
Easter promotions are being allocated, please contact your Sales Manager!
Super Pineapple to the Rescue!
Cold and flu season is here, and according to recent news it has become one of the worse epidemics across the United States, expecting to peak in March. Luckily, pineapples are shown to be a great preventative since they are packed with immune-boosting vitamins and are five times more effective than cough syrup at suppressing itchy throats.
Pining for the Perfect Valentine’s Day?
Look no further. Check out a few romantic DIY projects and recipes that you can do with a Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple to make your loved ones feel special, and make Valentine’s Day a little sweeter.
Let’s Get Ready to Rumble with These Super Easy Pineapple Poppers!
These sweet and salty football-themed bites will be reigning champs no matter who’s team you’re on. Impress your host or your guests this Sunday and enjoy!
- 1/2 of a fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple
- 6-8 mini bell peppers (or 1-2 medium bell peppers – pick your favorite team’s colors!)
- 6 slices of your favorite bacon
- Smoked paprika
- Toothpicks (themed-optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel and core the pineapple (easy to do with a pineapple corer!). Cut into pineapple chunks that would fit on a toothpick.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out seeds inside. Go ahead and cut the peppers into pieces that are similar in size as the pineapple chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise in the middle of each to get 4 strips total.
- Wrap the bacon around each pineapple chunk (ends at the bottom) and secure with a toothpick with the bell pepper piece.
- Arrange your pineapple bacon bites on a baking sheet and lightly dust with smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Enjoy!
Easy, Tasty, Healthy. The Perfect Pineapple Salsa is in for 2018.
Pineapple salsa in a pineapple bowl is easy and elegant, and so delicious! Whether you are planning your next party or just experimenting with healthy foods, this pineapple salsa recipe is the perfect fresh pick-me-up for any time of the year.
Pineapples are not only delicious, but also have a plethora of health benefits. Check out the video below for 5 pineapple health facts you may not be as familiar with. (i.e., did you know pineapple can reduce eye fatigue? Rest your eyes on that!)
Healthy doesn’t have to taste anything but delicious when you incorporate fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple, known to have loads of vitamin C, anti-inflamation agents like bromelain and waist-line slimming properties.
We’ve concocted a tried and true green smoothie recipe that will have you setting sail to summer with a tasty – and healthy – blend of ingredients that will take your taste buds to the tropics. Read more here about the amazing health benefits of pineapple and check out the recipe below to get your New Year started off right.
According to feng shui practitioners, certain “lucky” fruits symbolize each month of the year, bringing prospects from money to health and happiness. The Chinese word for pineapple is “ong-lai,” which means “fortune cones,” and according to feng shui masters are a necessary item when preparing your home for the New Year.
Bring luck to your loved ones as you ring in the New Year with a fun twist on the classic mimosa below. Cheers!
From table centerpieces to simple home decor, impress your guests this season!
It’s not too late to create beautiful decor for your home or holiday table. Our pineapples are available year-round, making this sweet, healthy fruit an easy tool too impress your in-laws.
Simply use gold or silver spray paint to color your Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple and let dry for 24 hours (or until set). Then, place a candle stick in the top of the pineapple’s crown. To secure, you may want to light the candle and let wax drip into the center of the crown, and then gently place the candle in the top.
Voila! You have the perfect table centerpiece or home decor. (Note: For your safety, please be careful to not place candles near trees or other flammable items!)
Happy Holidays from all of us at Chestnut Hill Farms!